Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts examination biannual, annual throughout India for the appointment of various Civil/Defence services/posts. In fact, the notifications of these examinations have published in the Gazette of India and Employment News/ Rozgar Samachar. Moreover, a shorter version of the recruitment notification published in the leading newspapers that circulate throughout the country. This includes the regional newspapers also. In addition, UPSC circulates the copies of the notification throughout the universities and employment exchanges.
Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is as follows:
• Civil Service Examination (CSE)
• Engineering Service Examination (ESE)
• Combined Medical Services Examination (CMSE)
• Combined Defence Services Examination (CDSE)
• National Defence Academy Examination (NDA)
• Naval Academy Examination
• Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA)
• Indian Forest Service Examination
• Indian Economic Service Examination
• Indian Statistical Service Examination
• Combined Geo Scientist and Geologist Examination
• Central Armed Forces (Assistant Commandant) Examination (CAFÉ)
• Section Officers/Stenographers (Grade B/Grade I) Departmental Competitive Examination
There are various examination conducted by the UPSC. However, shocking part about these examinations is the success rate is around 0.1-0.3%. Moreover, the aspirants who want to crack any of these examinations conducted by UPSC have to work hard to achieve their target. In fact, they have to stick to their routine of study and refer the accurate study material for the examination. While preparing for the examination you should not forget to refer the previous year sets of questions papers. This is so because to give an idea about the difficulty level of the questions. Syllabus has provided in the recruitment notification published by the UPSC. You can refer there for the syllabus and start with your preparation on time. Therefore, to achieve your target this can get you to a secure and respectable government job in India. You know about the benefits and hikes given to the IAS and IPS level of officers. From here, you get an estimate about the benefits of the job. Therefore, to get the benefit you have to work hard.
One important things that is a common mistake while filling the forms. You should fill all the information accurately. Therefore, at the time of document verification and interview this does not cause a problem for you. You are aware of the fact that UPSC is strict about the document verification procedure and other formalities. However, if any candidate fails to do that this results in the cancellation of candidature. For this small mistake you hard work has wasted. Therefore, you have to be on a alert mode while filling the forms and preparing for the examination.